Unreal Online Course Dates:
Starting Saturday, March 11th, 2023 at 10am
Class Hours: Tuesday nights at 7:30pm - 9:30pm PST
Complementary stage visit date and location: TBD
Why Study with CG Pro
- Taught 100% Live via Zoom. 50+ hours of instruction, including Q&A and labs.
- Top industry guest speakers.
- Micro-credentials and certification from CG Pro validated through our partnership with Epic Games
- On-demand access to recordings of this course.
- Access to the CG PRO private community group.
- Learn from leading industry guests.
- Post graduation placement support.
- Build relationships with fellow artists.
- Learn the fundamentals at a reasonable cost from the best in the business.
About Your Lead Instructor
Jeremy Wayne Brooks is an Emmy award-winning producer, known for his contributions on Netflix’ Echo 3, Marvel’s Moon Knight, and many commercial projects. His passion for film was realized at a young age, and self-taught through wildlife photography.
Today Jeremy is the founder of JerBear Films, specializing in virtual production and Real-time production & ICVFX. He teaches courses on virtual production and is heralded as a young pioneer in the space. He has spoken as a subject matter expert on virtual production on panels for the Producer’s Guild of America, and continues to produce work at major VFX studios like the Mill, Zoic, and many more.
Dani Bellar Pilukas
Director of Physical Production at Lux Machina
Media and Entertainment Industry Consultant and Founder of Mesh
Virtual Production Supervisor at Zoic Studios
Some of the Topics covered
- Basic overview of the process of virtual production and how producers play a role
- A deep dive into line producing & The Pre-production process of the many different types of virtual production
- Take a look at the different sides of production and how they affect virtual production concepts. Learn the
basics of Unreal Engine to better help you communicate properly to the VAD.
- Guidance on how to produce a scene of your choice. Planning, budgeting, and hiring for your project for your LED Wall visit.
- Full day of filming on an LED wall.
- Post-production: A high-level overview of post-production workflows. Learn how post producers on the show side and VFX producers on the vendor side finish projects.
Producer Course Outline
WEEK SUBJECT DESCRIPTION
1 Production 101 Reviewing vfx roles and VFX pipeline
2 Line Producing Your Project Pre-Prod, Breakdowns, Scheduling,budgeting
3 2 Sides to that coin Vendor side Production & Client side
4 The Invasion Ed Dawson Taylor & Unreal basics
5 Your Turn Class Project With Guest Speaker
6 Post-Production A Brief Overview of the Post-Production
What people are saying
About CG Pro
Tamara Abas - Unreal Generalist
"My name is Tamara. After I finished college, I really found myself on a plateau, and I really wanted to learn more about the process of virtual production and more importantly, improving my current skillset in Unreal Engine. And that's when I actually signed up for the Unreal Engine for Filmmakers class. What I really loved about this class is you're taught by industry professionals. They have the experience and knowledge, and they're able to provide you with everything you need to know. Step-by-step to be able to create a short film and unreal. I really found myself growing so much through this experience."
Randy Link - Animation Supervisor
"My name is Randy link. I am a visual effects artist and animator and working for the industry I think the last 30ish years. I just recently took the CG pro course from Jackie and Edd. And I wanted to just give it my wholehearted recommendation. They have a really bountiful amount of knowledge between them and the guest speakers. So it was really enjoyable. It was [also] great to be around the others who are making exciting things. So I can't say enough about it!"
Steve Wilcox - Virtual Production Supervisor
"The CG Pro course, it was a really good experience. I feel that the course is for anyone just starting out with Unreal Engine or up to people like myself, kind of in Unreal for a little while. There had been a project I've been planning on doing for like eight months and it finally kind of gave me the motivation to knock it out. Definitely say it's well worth the money that I invested into it."
Complementary stage visit (or recording)
Get on set and start shooting with an experienced LED wall Director of Photography
6 weeks, 40+ hours of live interactive teaching
Enjoy six weeks of teaching plus six weeks of office hours and guest speakers.
Keep the slides and project
Download and keep the slides and project associated with this course.
Access Anytime, Anywhere
Whether day or night, wherever you are, you have lifetime access to the recordings of this course