We are an Unreal Authorized Training Center
One of only five in the USA!
From the Instructor
Unreal Engine is hot stuff and moving fast! Don't be left behind, the time to have the skills is NOW as it promises to change traditional VFX and other visualization tools forever. Dive more in depth into live production and more advanced topics. Mentorship is a proven path to accelerate your Unreal Engine learning. Get direct access to a top level Production Supervisor at Zoic Studios and a celebrated Gnomon teacher. Authorized instructor Edward Dawson-Taylor will also be assisting as well. Guest speakers will be coming in to share their knowledge with the class!
Check out our student reel from the flagship eight week fundamentals!
Who is this for?
- You have the fundamentals down and want to continue into more in depth topics
- You have been through the Fundamentals course and want to continue learning
- You are passionately excited by Unreal and want to take it to the advanced levels of VP!
- If you are a film maker, artist, designer, visualizer, wanting to learn the tools to help your process in previz, visualization, virtual production or production, this is for you.
- You want to get additional material and masterclasses as the course itself matures
- You may be frustrated by trying to motivate and teach yourself from the hundreds of unstructured videos online
- Complete your unique project in just eight weeks with this deep dive inspired by Epic's Fellowship! (working on integrating this into the advanced class if possible)
- You need to be able to work while you learn Unreal in more depth
- Spaces are limited, so book a call now (https://calendly.com/edawsontaylor/one-to-one-20)
- Or sign up directly below!
- Keep in touch at https://www.facebook.com/groups/becomecgpro
The time to learn Virtual Production is now!
Virtual Production Supervisor
Accelerate your learning and minimize your frustration
Learn from others
Get support in a private FB group from peers and teachers.
We are creating some cutting edge content including LED wall information.
Scott Rosekrans - Lead Instructor
Edward Dawson-Taylor - Assistant Instructor
Quarter 1 - Jan 22, 2022 at 8:30am - 3 hours on average
Quarter 2 -March 19, 2022 8:30am - 3 hours on average
Additional office hours:
Monday nights 8pm - 2 hours on average
More testimonials from former students
"Taking this now and I highly recommend! If you want some teachers that are willing to put the time in to help you and genuinely want you to succeed, this is the right place."
"Currently in this class and it has truly been a game-changing experience—Edd and Jackie are wonderful instructors, doing a remarkable job of introducing new users to Unreal, while simultaneously stretching and supporting more experienced artists. The project-based approach means that each person is getting to grow and be challenged in the course, and come out the other side with something to be proud of. I'm amazed by the work of everyone in the cohort and it's encouraged me to push harder and grow more while working on my own short film. All of that, plus some tremendous guest speakers and a great collaborative environment, have made this a very worthwhile and highly-recommended experience. Thanks, Edd and Jackie!"
"Great class! Tons of information for any level of experience with virtual production. Edd and Jackie both come with tons of knowledge and experience as CG filmmakers."
Tentative Class Schedule
Week 01: Set Design - Theory & Practice - VR - scouting - pre light,
Week 02: Teamwork - Level setup, Perforce, UGS, Multi user, (switchboard?)
Week 03: Greenscreen, inputs, composure vs material keyer, layers, other tech that can be used - Guest speaker TBD
Week 04: The technical stuff - nDisplay and camera tracking, Scene optimization - LED wall stuff here
Week 05: Color calibration, prior to shoot, during shoot, post - Guest speaker TBD
Week 06: Shoot Day! - remote control, dmx, hdri, level snapshot - Guest speaker TBD
Week 07: Next steps - Animation overview, anim blueprints, state machine
Week 08: Next steps - Control rig and metahumans
What you get
- 3 hours weekly zoom session that starts off with a lesson based on your questions from self-study then goes to a scrum-like round robin that offers help and weekly accountability on the progress of your project and learning
- Various guest speakers will come and share their expertise
- Weekly office hours
- Assistant teacher Edward-Dawson Taylor will be supporting in most classes.
Who we are
Lead Teacher : Scott Rosekrans
Scott’s experience at Zoic Studios includes everything from VP Supervisor to CG supervision to motion capture, previsualization, rigging, dynamics, lighting, and on-set production. His work ranges from pipeline and workflow in-house to on-set scheduling, utilizing a broad scope of pre-production and production skills. Scott’s work can be seen in blockbuster feature films as well as television shows, commercials, and game cinematics.
Assistant Teacher : Edward Dawson-Taylor
Edward is an Unreal Authorized Instructor and CG Supervisor in movies, TV, commercials and live events, having worked for ILM, Disney and Digital Domain on Blockbusters like Jurassic World, The Lion King and Jungle Book. Co-founder of successful world touring group The Sancho Plan, Edward loves to use cutting edge technology to create engaging and inspiring experiences, as well as beautiful world class imagery. He was formerly a Software Developer / Architect, leading teams of developers and holds a Masters in Computer Science.
Unreal Engine Filmmaking
Filmmaking with unreal engine is the wave of the future. Visual effects, realtime cinematics, digital humans and more make this 3d creation tool stand out for any VFX artist. Every film festival shows (and the box office proves) more and more filmmaking with unreal engine loaded with visual effects for films and television as well as video games and more. Our online courses help you leverage the creation tools, incamera visual effects and more. See why more indie filmmakers are becoming success stories with our help today!